How do I apply to POP UP FESTIVAL 2024?
- You can submit an application through the link provided on our website. For the 2024 festival, the application process is done through Google Forms.
Is there a budget for the festival to assist with accommodation, travel, or shipping fees for artists?
- We do not provide direct financial support for individual artists' expenses.
However, POP UP FESTIVAL tries its best to find solutions for exhibiting artists through partnerships and relationships with organizations.
During the application process, is the artwork submitted expected to be the one that will be displayed at the festival?
- The submitted artwork should give an idea of the artist's abilities. If selected, there will be studio visits where the festival and the artist will collaborate to curate the final pieces to be exhibited.
How are the specific works to be exhibited at the festival selected?
- If selected, there will be Studio Visits where the festival and the artist will collaborate to curate the final pieces to be exhibited.
What is the difference between POP UP FESTIVAL and POP UP ARTS?
- POP UP ARTS is the organization behind POP UP FESTIVAL. POP UP ARTS is an art bureau and agency for up-and-coming artists that helps with exhibiting their art around Copenhagen and connecting with galleries in the city. POP UP FESTIVAL is an initiative from POP UP ARTS, aimed at providing talented up-and-coming artists with a unique opportunity to exhibit in public spaces in Copenhagen and be evaluated by an experienced and skilled jury. This provides significant exposure that can help to launch a career and be highly educational.
Does POP UP FESTIVAL collaborate with artists outside of the festival and application process?
- POP UP FESTIVAL only accepts applications and does not collaborate with artists outside of the festival. However, POP UP ARTS is an agency that works with up-and-coming artists. For more information, please check out our website.
Can I send applications through Instagram or facebook?
- You can only submit an application through the link provided on our website. For the 2024 festival, the application process is done through Google Forms.
How many artworks can I submit in the application?
- You can submit as many pieces of artwork as you would like, preferably grouped in a single document if possible. These works should give an idea of your abilities as an artist. If selected, there will be Studio Visits where the festival and the artist will collaborate to curate the final pieces to be exhibited.
Do the artwork have to be submitted along with the application or can they be uploaded later?
- Images of your artwork should be uploaded within the application form.
Are there any costs for being selected to the festival?
- There is no cost associated with applying or participating in the festival. The festival provides a free exhibition space to the selected artists. However, the artists are responsible for covering their own expenses related to attending and exhibiting at the festival.
What are the required visual materials for the artwork submission?
- Under the "Upload visual materials of your artwork" section, you should upload images that give an idea of your abilities as an artist. If selected, there will be Studio Visits where the festival and the artist will collaborate to curate the final pieces to be exhibited.
Is it possible to access the application form for POP UP FESTIVAL other than through Google?
- A Google account is required to apply for the festival in 2024. If you do not have one, it only takes a few minutes to create one.
Where can I find the terms and conditions for the POP UP FESTIVAL 2024?
- The terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of the application form.
Are only two-dimensional media accepted or can other forms such as sound and sculpture also be considered?
- We accept applications of all medias. Examples of accepted formats include: painting, sculptures, sound installations, light installations (please note exhibitions are held outdoors in natural light), photography, print of various media, live performances, etc.
However, musical concerts will not be accepted.
Make sure to follow our festival: